Re: "Truckish" handling.

To: Jay Tilton <jtilton@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: "Truckish" handling.
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:42:40 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 18 Aug 1995, Jay Tilton wrote:

> >No slop around center, no "binding" feel (change in force), and steering
> >only takes about 1/2 the effort of before!
>
> Good to hear.  I'll bet you're not going to neglect the grease ever again.

I didn't >know< about it.  I also didn't >know< how the thing was
supposed to handle.  I also didn't have any usable Zerk fittings on that
kingpin.  I'll keep it up now, as you say!  But I have worse problems at
the moment (see a subsequent message).

> > Not as nice as my friend's B,
> >but he has some pretty radical autocross settings on Camber and Caster.
>
> Wha?  How did he change the castor?  I know you can alter the camber by
> swapping the lower A-arms, but I wouldn't think that altering castor would
> be possible without doing some *severe* suspension mods.

I'm not sure, I'm just reporting what others have observed.  I think I
have heard of "offset bushings" for one of the adjustments, but
suspension is definitely not my forte.

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Anthony's Law of Force
   Don't force it - get a bigger hammer."