More Advice

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More Advice
From: MACEDONIA <macedonia-statc@kaman.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:06:43 -0400 (EDT)
To All,

First of all, thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help the last
time. I have decided not to buy the '73B that had the bodywork already done. I
concluded that it would have been very difficult for me to rebuild a car that I
hadn't taken apart.

So...

Since then I looked at another car but first, I must say something.

I am fully aware that restoring a car is going to cost me alot of money. I'm
not really concerned with this because my interest is in having a project to do
with my teenagers. Also, I do not have a lot of liquid cash right now, so my
initial "investment" has to be small. That said, I would like to know your
opinions on the following:

                1967 MGB Mark I
                Mostly complete (no fuel pump or oil cooler)
                Ran recently
                Very original (even the chrome grille is in good shape)

        But, here's the problem...

                The body may need help from above.

My question is, for $800, is it worth it? Has anyone out there heard of a
situation where a body could not be restored (assuming I had enough money)? It
seems to me it would be a really cool car to get back on the road (in a few
years,  I know)

Any opinions?

Thanks,

David Macedonia [macedonia-statc@kaman.com]