Re: Lucas Strikes again!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas Strikes again!
From: andys@skye.icr.ac.uk (Mr Andy Smith)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 95 14:33:34 GMT
"..... the Tach, fuel guage, temp gauge all stop working and drop to zero! Also
the signals stop working.  After a minute or so of driving they all return to
life and all is well again....."

This sounds exactly like the problme I had with my Midget, which would
occasionally blow fuses too, for no apparent reason.

Basically the wiring was old and sad, but the actual cause of the problem
was a dodgy voltage stabilizer behind the dash. (I only found this out
after a complete rewire, only to find the same problem as before - it needed
doing anyhow I guess, and it was good fun).

So check the wiring, but first fit a new voltage stabilizer.

Andy

Andy Smith. Senior Physicist
Royal Marsden Hospital
Fulham Road, London, SW3 6JJ