Re: weber problems

To: Robert McDonald <mcdonald@San-Jose.ate.slb.com>
Subject: Re: weber problems
From: cedwards@pinn.net
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 11:45:40 -0500 (EST)
The Weber DGV is sensitive to excessive fuel pump pressure.  Your
carburetor float bowl may be overfilled and, when you stop the engine,
fuel spills into the intake manifold.  This causes a very rich mixture at
hot re-start and requires a lot of starter cranking to clear the passages
of excess fuel.  Obtain a fuel pressure regulator and set it at (approx)
2# of pressure.  Mount it on the left inner fender and route the fuel
line through it ahead of the line's entry into the carburetor.

Charles E. Edwards, CPA
Virginia Beach, VA
cedwards@pinn.net