Re: weber problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mcdonald@San-Jose.ate.slb.com
Subject: Re: weber problems
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com (MR ROBERT C NOGUEIRA)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 1995 15:06:04 EDT
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

On: Tuesday, 22-Aug-95 01:35 AM

>  Robert McDonald    Wrote:

> Subject: weber problems
>
> Hello; I am fighting a problem with my 67B. The car is fitted with a
weber
>        down-draft and stock exhaust manifold. I have been having
problems
>        getting the car to restart after it has reached normal running
> temp.
>        The car always fires right up when it is cold or hasn't`t
reached the
>        running temp. Once parked after driving any distance i find
myself
>        cranking away on the starter several times before it will fire
up.

>        >        thanks
>        bob mcdonald
>        mcdonald@San-Jose.ate.slb.com

Robert;
 I have a Weber on my MGBGT and have the same Problem. It has that
stupid  electric choke. The choke is electrically heated every time the
key is turned on.  If the engine is warm , having just been running,
but off for a few minutes, the  choke cools down and thinks the engine
is also cold, thus the choke comes on.      I've found that starting
the engine just like a CD carb, not touching the gas petal, works every
time. If you don't touch the gas petal the choke is not set ( closed).
The reverse would also work ie : one press to the floor and hold it
there would also work .

Bob     " Your Tax Dollars at Work"