CA smog, or Why I'll stay away from CA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: CA smog, or Why I'll stay away from CA
From: JAMES <JBMYERS@msuvx2.memphis.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 14:17:24 -0500 (CDT)
[RANT detectors ON]

All this recent discussion regarding getting cars "tested" and "certified" by
the AirPolice in California only confirms my decision that I'll not move to
CA in this lifetime.

Having watched mother-in-law move there and pay $1500 to license,
certify, and otherwise get her '94 Honda approved, I began to suspect that
there was some truth to the stories I'd heard about more people leaving there
than were going there.

Having two "old clunkers" (I actually had a car salesperson call the Buick that
to my face, grrrr....) it seems it would cost me a lot of money for the honor
of owning them in CA. Well, when I get this last degree and finally become a
productive member of society, Wife, dog, and I will go somewhere where liberty
still means something.

[RANT detectors OFF]

James "they aren't inspectors, they're REVENOO-ERS" B.
'71 MGB (air pump my hiney)
'71 LeSabre (emission controls? you've _got_ to be kidding)