Re: CA smog, or Why I'll stay away from CA

To: JBMYERS@msuvx2.memphis.edu
Subject: Re: CA smog, or Why I'll stay away from CA
From: DamitDick@megaweb.com (Damit Dick)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 13:34:19
>[RANT detectors ON]
>
>All this recent discussion regarding getting cars "tested" and "certified" by
>the AirPolice in California only confirms my decision that I'll not move to
>CA in this lifetime.
>
>Having watched mother-in-law move there and pay $1500 to license,
>certify, and otherwise get her '94 Honda approved, I began to suspect that
>there was some truth to the stories I'd heard about more people leaving there
>than were going there.
>
>Having two "old clunkers" (I actually had a car salesperson call the Buick that
>to my face, grrrr....) it seems it would cost me a lot of money for the honor
>of owning them in CA. Well, when I get this last degree and finally become a
>productive member of society, Wife, dog, and I will go somewhere where liberty
>still means something.
>
>[RANT detectors OFF]

James "they aren't inspectors, they're REVENOO-ERS" B...

Hear! Hear! If the real estate market hadn't gone all to pot out here; and I
could get the $$$ I've sunk
into this place back out; you can just bet the dog, MGs and I would have a
different mailing address!

Dick :>)
Vintage Parts & Products
Have MG will travel