Re: Rubber bumper MGB's- chrome conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rubber bumper MGB's- chrome conversion
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 1995 09:18:58 +1000
>Ray Gibbons says that there is a kit to take a rubber bumper back to chrome
>bumpers, and the kit is available in the U.K.
>
>I'm not immediately considering a conversion, but I'm still interested if
>anybody knows details.  Bonus if you've actually seen what the converted car
>looks like.
>
>On a similar note:  Did the '75-'80 MGB's from non-US markets use different
>bumpers?
>
>Sean Johnson
>'79 MGB
>'75 Spitfire

There are kits available in the UK for the conversion.  MG Enthusiast or one
of the other UK MG magazines should give you a lead.  Otherwise contact
Brown & Gammons UK.  It is not an easy task since the ride heights were
raised for the rubbernose models by structural changes.  Why change, the
rubbernose is a 'poor man's Porsche'.

The rubbernose and body fittings were identical in all markets.

regards
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
06 2889055