Re: Fluids - Shocks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fluids - Shocks
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 15:11:13 -0400
>  My questions are:  Can I just top up my shocks - perhaps using oil that
> is different from what is already in there (I assume Armstrong but don't
> know) or should one perform a complete exchange transfusion?

This is where these shocks are _really_ cool.  While you should probably
drain all the oil if it's old, you can just top them up if there down a bit.
What's even better, you can _tune_ them by mixing various portions of
different viscosity oils, say SAE 20 and STP.  Very nice.

Dave Williamson (silikal@aol.com)