72 Midget -- Frozen Air Pump -- AGAIN!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72 Midget -- Frozen Air Pump -- AGAIN!
From: ciaffone@nando.net
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 95 09:23:05 +0000
Despite the offer of a used B pump, the saga
continues.  Thanks for all the help so far.

I now have the back cover off.  There is no pulley.
I am going to have to find a "suitable" pulley.

>>Anyone know the OD of the original Air Pump Pulley??<<

I have removed (at the expense of 1 easy-out) the previously
frozen alan bolts, and have removed the retaining collar and
2 vanes.  Now what?  The pulley/backing plate still won't
turn.

>> Does anyone know if the pulley backing plate is pressed<<
>> on or threaded, or part of some other part??           <<

I still can't figger out what the pulley is supposed to turn. The
shaft is actually part of the back cover of the air pump and seems
fixed in place.  The vanes are on bearings and revolve around the
shaft.  What turns the vanes?  Is the inside machined "cylinder" in
the slots of which the vanes extend supposed to move?  Man, this is
really exciting.

HELP!

chuck
---------