Re: Body panels

To: mgs-owner@triumph.cs.utah.edu, 41800@sdlcc.msd.ray.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Body panels
From: Chuck Simmers <Chuck_Simmers@ccm.ch.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 95 09:21:06 PST
Text item:

Does anyone have the name and address of a company that sells
fiberglass body panels for the MGB?

I have had good luck with Smith&Deacon. I don't have their address
in front of me, but they advertise in "Practical Classics",
"Popular Classics", and just about any other Brit classic car
magazine.
I have purchased a one-piece front end and a boot lid from them.
The parts were well crated and shipping was very reasonable from
England. (The front-end crate was about the size of a piano and
weighed approx. 150lbs, shipping was 80 pounds sterling, 128$.
Almost what I saved in VAT.)
There is also Honeybourgh Plastics, south of Birmingham, but I
haven't had personal experience with them.
In the US, the only good quality GRP parts I have seen are from
PAECO. These parts are for racing, are rather thin/light, and
verrry expensive (three times what Smith&Deacon ask).
I hope this helps.

Chuck Simmers
'65 Midget MkII/Toyota 2TG
'66 Matra 610/Toyota 4TG