Re: Causes of blue smoke on start-up of 1966 MGB.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Causes of blue smoke on start-up of 1966 MGB.
From: RobertS355@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 08:56:47 -0400
My first lesson in mechanics (the rebuild of my 1965 MGB engine when I had no
idea what I was doing) was brought on by the malfunction of the crankcase
ventilation valve.  When my B started blowing smoke everyone said it had to
be valves or rings.  After I tore the engine apart for the third time (you
don't want to know why it took three times) I happened upon the functioning
of the CVV and found that it was simply sucking oil out of the pan and
burning it.  It may be the rings or valves but heed the lessons and look for
cheap solutions first.

Bob Scardamalia
Albany, NY
Roberts355@aol.com