MGB Master Cyl question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Master Cyl question
From: "Sean Johnson" <sean_johnson@milacron.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 95 12:21:36 -24000
I disassembled the brake master from my '79 MGB.  My Haynes shows only two
small o-rings on the balancer piston (goes in the small bore).

However, looking thru two of the ports, I can see a white plastic "thing" at
the back of the bore which might be another seal.  I can't seem to extract
it, can't figure out what it is, and this item is not shown in my Haynes.  It
also is not included in the overhaul kit from Moss.

Both of the '79 master cylinders have this item.

What is this thing?  Can I ignore it, or am I going to have to scrap a master
cylinder for a 50 cent plastic gizmo?

Sean Johnson
'79 MGB