Side Curtains for MkII Sprite/MkI Midget / New acquisition

To: mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Side Curtains for MkII Sprite/MkI Midget / New acquisition
From: Mike Gigante <mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 22:10:22 -1000
I just bought a MkII sprite (946cc engine, smoothcase box, 1/4 elliptic
suspension)
(oops 948 not 946)

Unfortunately it doesn't have the side curtains (i.e. the perspex sliding
windows in aluminium frame). Anyone in Australia have a spare set? Any
moderately reasonable condition considered.

The car is in excellent nick, almost no rust, strong motor, excellent
gearbox. It has a sebring f/glass bonnet - quite a desirable item down here
for non-original. It has some modern-looking bucket seats instead of the
original folding units and has a padded dask with a key-start instead
of the pull-knob starter. It is a US import car masqerading as an Australian
delivery car (the compliance plate is that of a MkIII sprite (disk brakes,
1100cc engine (10CG) and rib-case gearbox). So I suspect the dash is off
a late model midget.

I don't know what the seats are off...

I took it for its first run last night (to a sprite club meeting) and
despite the cold (just start of spring here), I enjoyed running topless.

It is Monza red and is as yet unnamed.

Mike
Mike Gigante
3D interactive graphics, Virtual Reality, british sports cars, and wine
http://mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au/~mg/                mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au