spare wheel questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: spare wheel questions
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 07:57:15 +0500
Fellow fiends:

I know that this has been hashed out on the list sometime in the spring
(remember spring?) but I want to make sure I understand.  I'm putting
togther a bone-yard wish list (no, most of it isn't for the B but I'm
planning another trip in the old dear and would truely love to have some
trunk space  :-/  ) and I'm interested in getting the suggested mini-spare
tire.  As I recall, the spare of choice comes from the Saab 900 (yes/no?).
Others on the list state that it fits the bolt pattern for the B and that
when on the car doesn't list terribly to one side.  I'm hazarding to guess
that they mean it fits the bolt pattern for the later semi-eliptical set up.

Okay, here are my questions:

1.0     Is it true the Saab 900 mini-spare is the best choice?
1.5     Might there be other options if I can't find a Saab 900 spare?
2.0     I have an early banjo type axle: did the bolt pattern/spacing
        change when the switch was made to the semi-eliptical w/rostyle?
3.0     What might be a fair price for a bone yard mini-spare?
4.0     Will I likely find only a rim or a rim and tire?
5.0     Can I get mini-spare tires at my local tire store?
6.0     How do I make my voice do this?

Yes, I realize that this is virtual Monday, but...

many thanks
Will Zehring