RE:

To: "J. Michael Roach" <mroach@socketis.net>
Subject: RE:
From: "Eric L. Van Iderstine" <elv1@ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 10:11:23 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 5 Sep 1995, J. Michael Roach wrote:

> I've been dealing with Victoria British out of Kansas City.  Any
> comments there?

Make sure you read the labels on the boxes they (or anyone) send you.
They sent a friend main bearings that were .010 over, when he ordered
stock.  After breaking the crankshaft pulley, we pulled the engine apart
to read .010 on the side of the bearing.  A further look at the shipping
form and the package verified they sent us the wrong one (even though the
order had been checked.......).  They happily told him that he could keep
those bearings, and that a new set would be sent to him.....AT REGULAR
PRICE.  After finding a pulley (out of stock everywhere) at a junk yard,
and getting new bearings (from Moss) he was out about $75 and three days
labor (but we can't EVER count that :) )

I've been happy with Moss, even had backorders come in.  Even though they
told me 4 - 10 weeks, I got the parts (2 different shipments) in less
than 6 weeks......Luckily, the parts were further down on the "to do"
list than I was at.

Eric

Eric L. Van Iderstine - ME senior - Mississippi State University
Design Coordinator - MSU Formula SAE......Powered by Honda......
elv1@Ra.MsState.Edu     http://www2.msstate.edu/~elv1
74 MGB & 85 Buick (until I finish the MG)