Re: V8's for MG's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: V8's for MG's
From: dlively@wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us (David Lively)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 15:38:40 -0400
Bill Zenkus writes:

>> This is my first time posting, although I have been an avid fan for
>> months.  I am dreaming of dropping a Rover V8 in my '70 mgbgt, but want to
>> find one cheap.  My question is:  What vehicles have Rover V8 engines?
>> Which Buicks?

An alternative is a 2 litre MGB with a Nissan 280ZX 5-speed.  This ends up
being marginally cheaper, and if you live in a smog-regulated state, no
apparent changes to the factory smog system for the smog inspectors to fret
and worry about.  Results can be 130 bhp with a lighter car, and fifth gear
overdrive performance dropping the rpms into the 20's at freeway speeds.

What I like the most is that my MG ZB (Magnette) kept it's original serial
numbers and 1957 registration!!!