Re: Access problems On 1500cc

To: "J. Michael Roach" <mroach@socketis.net>
Subject: Re: Access problems On 1500cc
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 23:20:29 -0600 (MDT)
Michael,

I think you have the wrong alternator/generator installed by the PO.

I have a '78 Midget and a '75 Spitfire, (identical engines).

I also experience the same problem with the number one plug, but I can
clearly see "Motorola" stamped on the alternator, so I know it's wrong.
i don't have to remove the oil filter and radiator to get the alternator
off though, on either car.
the only time I've experienced these kind of access/removal problems is
installing the required emissions air pump on the Midget.
You may have to re-design the holding bracket because it may not be the
correct one for the car, just the correct one for that alternator.

Good luck,

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences
Colorado State University