Re: More on replacement MGB Alternators

To: jhoward@argus.lowell.edu, sean_johnson@milacron.com
Subject: Re: More on replacement MGB Alternators
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 1995 01:30:34 -0400
Lucas, and the brits in general, went thru some tough times in the mid-late
70's. During that period of dubious nationalization of industry and rule by
labor, quality control was job-last. I went through about 1.3 generators per
year at the time, now the ones I get are much better but still not up to the
quality of the ones in the 60s that came on the cars.  If you have an
original lucas alternator that has held up this long, it is surely a good
one...if it ever fails I'd be tempted to have an alternator shop rebuild it
instead of buying one off the shelf....