MGB paint, what do the colors look like?

To: mgs@autox.team.net (MG's)
Subject: MGB paint, what do the colors look like?
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 08:50:35 -0400 (EDT)
  Anybody have a good resource for MGB paint colors?  I've got all the
charts that tell me the color names and paint codes, but I don't have
anything that shows me what all the colors actually look like.  Some of them
I know from seeing various cars, but the rarer ones are hard to find.

  I saw that Moss sells touchup colors for the B, and I figured it might be
worth the $50-$100 or so to buy all the colors I'm interested in to see what
they'll look like.  It seems like a lot to pay for paint I'll mostly not
use, but if you figure its an investment towards making sure I like a
$1000+ paint job, it doesn't seem like so much.

  How come there isn't (or I can't find) a source for MGB paint color in RGB
values?  It would be a really nice resource, no?  It's really frustrating to
try and determine the new color for my B without seeing all the avaliable
colors.  Maybe if I buy the above mentioned paints, I'll start a database of
color values.   The obvious problems with collecting colors from pictures of
cars is adjusting for different light levels and fading from time.

  Any ideas, solutions, words of encouragement to start a color database,
pointers to an existing resource?

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation