Re: MGB paint, what do the colors look like?

To: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Subject: Re: MGB paint, what do the colors look like?
From: Jeffrey Taberski <taberski@uidaho.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 10:47:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, Jeremy DuBois wrote:

[snip]
>   How come there isn't (or I can't find) a source for MGB paint color in RGB
> values?  It would be a really nice resource, no?  It's really frustrating to
> try and determine the new color for my B without seeing all the avaliable
> colors.  Maybe if I buy the above mentioned paints, I'll start a database of
> color values.   The obvious problems with collecting colors from pictures of
> cars is adjusting for different light levels and fading from time.
>
>   Any ideas, solutions, words of encouragement to start a color database,
> pointers to an existing resource?

[sig snip]

Perhaps even cross reference these colors to some standard like the
Pantone color system (used by graphic artists and Photoshop).  Maybe you
could get a grant/cooperative with some of the MGB clubs for your
efforts.  You could make more than one of these color cards with swatches
and distribute them for a fee to make up some of the expense.  There may
be others even on this list who may be interested in sharing the
investment.

-jeff