serious objection to stripes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: serious objection to stripes
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 08:59:23 +0500
Fellow fiends:

Not to drive this idea into the ground, but...   a member of my local car
guy support group just came out strongly against stripes.  His argument is a
clever one:  I have the early disk wheels on the B (let's talk subtle and
ironic!) and he feels they project a conservative image.  He says stripes
project an agressive image.  The presence of both disk wheels and stripes on
one car would add up to a mixed message.  Is this guy cool and sporty or is
he a chartered accountant?  Worse yet: is he a chartered accountant trying
to be cool?  No, my friend says, I'd need wires before I could stripe.  I
ain't putting wires on this car.  I can tell you that.

Will "cool is as cool does" Zehring