Re: Painted Wire Wheel Restoration

To: MACEDONIA <macedonia-statc@kaman.com>
Subject: Re: Painted Wire Wheel Restoration
From: Alan Wilson <awilson@basenet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 19:10:37 -0500 (CDT)
I was lucky -- three of my wire wheels were round -- I had to replace the
fourth one.  I removed the tyres, tightened what spokes could tighten --
replaced the others (one at a time) until they all sounded about the same
when plucked with the handle of a screwdriver.

I tried both sanding and sandblasting.  Considering the cleanup, the work
was about the same in my case.

The local Walmart had a spraypaint that happened to match the new wheel (but
not the color on the cap)  It was cheap and seems to be holding up well.

Have fun
Alan