Re: Pinging

To: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Subject: Re: Pinging
From: craig@wco.com (craig wiper)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 19:24:28 -0700
>So here's my theory...  a-hem... this theory, which is mine, is....

Thank you Miss Elk...

>3) Order a stock distributor "new" for ca. $165.

I ordered a Lucas Eurospec distributor from Brit-Tek in New Hampshire last
year to take and got rid of my Allison Elex Ignition at the same time to fix
some running problems with my MGB. The Eurospec is recurved for more
horsepower and cost me ca. $160 or so. I've gotten my engine to run much
smoother since then. I set the points at .014 and the timing at 15 degrees
BTDC. I have no pinging whatsoever in any gear at any time. I always use
Chevron Supreme (I've also had the valves and seals replaced for running
unleaded). This setup has worked very well for me.

Craig Wiper
craig@wco.com