More on the Thermostat...

To: "'MG Group'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on the Thermostat...
From: "J. Michael Roach" <mroach@socketis.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 23:13:25 -0500
Car:  '75 Midget
Problem:  Thermostat housing(?) 'hermetically sealed' to water pump =
housing(?).

I've taken the advice of several folks on the list to get these two =
parts separated.  However, no success.  My second option is simple: =
replace both parts in addition to the thermostat.

As I looked through my Moss and Victoria British catalogues, I was =
horrified to discover that neither company carried either part.  I will =
begin to look through the junkyards on Monday, but I'd also be =
interested in hearing (reading) other ideas.

Does anyone have either of these parts (for a '75 1500 Spit/MG Midget =
Engine) and a desire to sell them?  Since they're not in the catalog, =
I've no idea what fair price is, but I welcome your comments on this.

j. michael