Re: Stupid Tuning Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stupid Tuning Question
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 10:03:55 +1000
>I have a 1972 mgb, I got it running pretty good, but it very litely back
>fires when I shift, and if I let of the gas and coast in gear.  I would guess
>it is timing so I have been playing with that, but it also could be the SU
>carbs.
>
>This leads to my second question,  I am not familiar with MG timing
>or SU carbs.  Is there a good book or books you can recomond for these?
>

>Thank you!

The spark sounds to be retarded too far.  If you advance it, however, you
may get more pinking on acceleration.

You Americans all have a fascination for Haynes manuals.  What is wrong with
the factory Service Manuals.  Haynes has the major problem that they try to
deal with too many variants/models in one book.  the Factory Manual is
easier to follow.  They are freely available.

Regards
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
06 2889055