Re: MGB Engine install...

To: howersl@ttown.apci.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Engine install...
From: MGBay@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 13:57:05 -0400
Scott,

Unless you mentioned it in an earlier message, I didn't see any indication of
replacing the rear engine seal.  For what it's worth, I always replace the
rear main seal, surface the flywheel, and put in a new 3pc.Borg & Beck clutch
when the engine is out.  ( Unless I just did it the week before.)   Some will
say this is overkill, but I look at as "insurance" so I don't have to go back
in within a short period to stop an oil leak or a deteriorating clutch.  I
also renew the bushing on the throwout fork arm.  It's a small bronze bushing
and probably is sloppy if you've never replaced it.

Pulling the engine is a 'major pain in the butt'.  It costs a little more to
do these things now, but compared to "pulling the whole thing agian", I think
it's worth it.

Sorry I won't be able to make your "tech session" this Saturday!  Hope all
goes well and you're on the road by Sunday.

Regards,

Randy Balogh
Lebanon, Ohio