BFHs & SHs, BTW

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: BFHs & SHs, BTW
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 07:44:03 +0500
>and bash on the underside of the big square
>washer with a BFH.  Repeat on either side of the cap, PRN.  Eventually,
>the thing will come off.
>
>Denise Thorpe

If you don't happen to have a BFH, you might be able to rig something up
with a slide hammer.  I borrowed such bits from my trusty MG mechanic (what
a guy; he loaned me a tool!) when I did the '63s engine and the process of
taking the caps off was almost pleasurable.

BTW: for those of you with the early engines sans rear oil seal; I've been
told that a line bore will help if your leak (we all have one somewhere,
right doctor?) is on the scale of the Exxon Valdez.  Apart from the (perhaps
extensive) machine shop bills, and the toil of yanking and disassembling the
lump, you're only in it for the new bearings and a case of Foster's.  What
price a clean garage floor?

Will "I keep a spare quart** in the boot" Zehring

** of Foster's, silly