Re: MGB transmission swap

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB transmission swap
From: "Steve Obert" <sobert@snetel.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 06:51:23 -0500
I just talked to the people on the MGB - Datsun tranny swap, they are
not the ones who do the sprite conversion.  Supposedly that is
somebody named Smitty.  Anybody know more about the Sprite
conversion?

BTW:  I had a nice conversation about the conversion.  They said it
took a year to develop and perfect.  It used a Z or pickup trans (
pre 81 truck ) they are the same transmission.  It uses a modified Z
flywheel and the Datsun clutch.  It sounds really nice but costs
$670.