hood/tops

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: hood/tops
From: Dick Burger <BRITISHPARTS@delphi.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 1995 09:50:51 -0400 (EDT)
I have been following the recent discussion of quality and fit for
Robbins tops.  Although not personally expert in fitting I have
accomplished 6 or so in recent years from a variety of manufacturers.
We have also sold many and my guess is that a combination of weather
conditions during installation and installer are far greater factors
in the success of the job than the make of the top.  That said, however,
I would like to addthat our experience has indicated that AMCO is making
the top which best meets price, quality and longevity demands.  We have
had no reports of unhappiness from AMCO purchasers.  We do sell tops
from Crown, Robbins, Prestige and the more costly suppliers as well.
Pls note that most tops, regardless of source, do not seem to be a
problem for most of our customers.  What all the suppliers could
do more effectively is detail the installation instructions.
Dick Burger
the BRITISH PARTS CONNECTION