Re: '75 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '75 MGB
From: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil (Mark A. Dodd, WL/ELOD, X55581/64158)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 95 10:05:43 EDT
>     Now that cold weather has moved in to the midwest, it's getting harder
>to start.  Once started, it hesitates when you hit the accelerator until it
>goes above 2,000 rpm.  Once fully warmed up it acts fine.  It has the single
>175 Zenith carb.  If it were an American carb I'd look at the accelerator
>pump in the carb.  Any ideas?
The ZS carbs are a known trouble spot for this very reason.  The hot water
choke circuits are very weak.  Don't know if anyone has done a manual
conversion for this carb, but it needs it.  If money is no object, go to
twin SUs or a Weber.  The SUs will be manual choke.  If you go the
Weber route, be sure it has a manual choke.  I put a down-draft Weber
on my 77B and it had the electric choke.  Plenty of problems.

Mark A Dodd                 Working in the dark (infrared)
email: dodd@el.wpafb.af.mil Working in the grease (MGs)
Snail: 2700 D St, Ste 2     Working in the dust (212 Central
       WPAFB, OH 45433-7405                      Dayton, OH)
       (513) 255-5581