67 Midget MKIII

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 67 Midget MKIII
From: TUCKCARSON@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 22:40:11 -0400
I've just completed rebuilding the engine and tranny from my 67 Midget that
I've had for a few years.  Glad to say that all is well and performing in
true form.  However, following getting the car on the road I encountered oil
dribbling out the rear "seal".  Well out came the engine and I regasketed and
checked that the drain holes on the rear bearing cap were not plugged so as
to not allow oil to return to the sump.  Again I had the car on the road and
again dribble.  I then nowticed while driving down the road with the hood off
that oil vapor was blowing out the oil fill cap.  I took the PCV valve apart
and knowticed that the spring was missing.  Can I assume that the pressure in
the crank was preventing the oil behind the rear bearing from returning to
the sump and thus forcing it out the back of the engine.  As I have had no
luck locating a spring, I just put in a generic PCV valve and will test
tomorrow.

Any suggestions or a place where I can locate a spring.

Jeff Tucker, TuckCarson@aol.com, Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA