Grease Cups

To: mgs-owner@triumph.cs.utah.edu, nbsolberg@msn.com
Subject: Grease Cups
From: Humphreys_Neil/dal9_nvhumphr@dal.mobil.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 95 06:45:00 -0500
Item Subject: Message text
Nick:

Had the same problem, and tried everything that I could think of to
remove the grease cups - to no avail.  I finally found out what the
thread was on the cup stud, and made a puller to fit.  This involved
taking a piece of 0.5" stock bar, drilling it and tapping it to the
thread on the cup stud, and then mounting it with two bolts and a couple
of pieces of steel bar to make a puller.   Even though the threads on my
cups were fairly torn up by Dumb Present Owner having tried brute force
(and mole grips) over finesse, the puller worked first time.

I'd be happy to fax you a sketch along with relevant thread sizes (don't
have these with me) if you email me direct.

Neil
71B