Re: MGF & 50-somethings

To: mroach@socketis.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGF & 50-somethings
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 13:56:25 -0400
the party line from Rover is that they wish to make the car a sucess at home
and northern europe and don't want to be bothered with US regulations et al.
This is probably close to the truth, as they have been quite discriminating
regarding which dealers they allow the car to be sold through in England, I
believe I read that less than 1/4 of the Rover dealers there were deemed
decent and qualified enough to handle the car and/or the types of trade-ins
it would generate.  The fact that there is very little Rover dealer support
in the US and a *Huge* geographical area to cover, with only one real
product, the MGF, to make all the effort worthwhile, is probably the biggest
issue for Rover at this point. Maybe if BMW wasn't planning their own
affordable 2 seat roadster we would see a different story, with bimmer
dealers handling the MGF. Don't hold your breath.