Re: Oil filler cap mystery

To: "F. van Dalen" <F.vanDalen@LR.TUDelft.NL>
Subject: Re: Oil filler cap mystery
From: "Christopher W. Reichle" <Christopher.W.Reichle@students.Miami.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 10:17:17 -0400 (EDT)
I'll take a guess... If you had a really really worn intake valve,
opening the valve cover allows fresh air into the cover which could be
sucked into the cylinder on the intake stroke through the intake valve guide.
This would cause the rpm to go up just like having a vacuum leak. ?????

Second guess:
Your breather system is cloggedand opening the valve cover helped breath
a little?????

No, I don't either of those is right. Anyone else want to take a stab at it?

Chris