Re: Silly part name

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: Silly part name
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 00:30:27 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 3 Oct 1995 TATERRY@aol.com wrote:

> >The "squab" is the seat bottom, not the seat back.
>
> Not to pick a bone with my learned friend Chip but I quote from my SA manual
> reprinted in 1944:  page 93, Rear Arm Rest.--This folds back into the rear
> seat squab. It  is pulled down into position by the leather thong fitted for
> the purpose....etc.
> [much deleted]

OK, I stand corrected.  Maybe that's why I always found the driving
position in my BritCars to be so awkward...

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.