'75 Midget Engine Rebuild

To: "'MG Group'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '75 Midget Engine Rebuild
From: "J. Michael Roach" <mroach@socketis.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 15:41:20 -0500
Randy mentioned in an email to me that 75 psi was rather low for an =
Midget.  He also mentioned that rebuild was likely necessary (rings, =
head gasket, etc. could be the culprit).

I plan to replace the head gasket within the next couple of weeks.  I =
figure I can do that without tearing the entire engine out.  Hopefully, =
it won't take longer than a day.  Also, I have an engine rebuild planned =
already (along with a carb (tons of vacuum leaks) and front end (new =
shocks and king pin cleanup) rebuild) for this winter.  I hope to drive =
it until it gets too cold, then disassemble her.

My question is:  is there a problem with running the engine with a bunch =
of vacuum leaks and low compression?

j. michael