re: interchangeable parts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: interchangeable parts
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 07:59 EDT
>Donald Healey in his now infamous speech to the San Diego MG Club said
>that he couldn't really _say_ that the Datsun 240Z was a copy of the
>Austin Healey 3000, ...

>They ordered one from the Sears Catalog (where America shops) and it got
>>dented on the boat going over. Every wringer washing machine they
>>manufactured had that same dent.

IMHO:
Having owned a 240Z - a great sports car - I can testify that they did not
leave all the dents in.  The 240Z always ran, was simple to fix, and could
not be beat for the price!  I love LBCs, but the 240Z is a fine car that
advanced the the concept of the 3000 to where it could of gone if the Brits
had thrown a few imaginative engineers at it.

John

John A. Wise                                    Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900   USA