Re: F I R E !! (Extinguishers)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: F I R E !! (Extinguishers)
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 17:30:27 -0400
Nick Benson writes:
>I actually found a nice one made by first alert for $13 at Target of all
>places, specifically made for cars.  It has a non-corrosive plastic "clip",
>and is about 11 inches (28cm) by 3 inches (7.5cm) diameter.

I'd be wary of plastic mounting clips.  Remember, if you get in an accident,
you don't want a clip to break and the bottle to become a projectile.

>Can anyone who has installed one of these give me a suggestion on
>the best place to mount it on a '75 Spitfire or '78 Midget.

I'd want to have it within arm's reach while buckled in.  Also, you might try
to mount it so that under hard deceleration (accident) it won't be oriented
such that it can slip out of the clips.

Dave Williamson (silikal@aol.com) Spits in bits