RE: MGB FUEL ODER

To: MGS <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB FUEL ODER
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 95 08:28:00 PDT
The standard Lucas fuel pump shuts off as the result of back pressure from
the engine side. Once pressure builds up, the diaphram is held in the
uppermost position and cannot drop to close the points and re-energize the
coil.

If your pump is not shutting off, leaks, but otherwise is operational, then
you have a leak on the engine side. Make sure the needle (Grose?) jets are
closing in the float bowls, that there is no leaks in the fuel lines
(common), and the floats are set to the correct level.

Regards,
Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com