The "Dodgy" Connector

To: mgs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: The "Dodgy" Connector
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 11:54:58 -0600 (MDT)
        Someone asked me the other day if I could post this request for them.

Is the connector on the back of the Lucas alternator on the later, (after
1972 I think), British cars available as a separate item?  Although I've not
checked this myself in Victoria British or Roadster, he says it comes as one
complete wiring loom.
        So, to clarify, we are talking about the oblong, opaque "plug"
that has two or three female spade type terminals housed in it that plugs
right into the back of the alternator, and sometimes has a wire clip to
hold it in place, and is about 2" long by 1" wide by 1.5" deep.

If anyone has a reasonable used one to sell, that would also be great.

Thanks in advance

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences
Colorado State University