Re: What is this part?

To: sperling@hooked.net
Subject: Re: What is this part?
From: MGPhil@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 21:57:55 -0400
There are some good news and some bad news.  A parts dealer in Virginia
Beach, VA identified the part as an after-market "circuit breaker" for the
cooling fans.  This was apparently installed by many dealers as a recommended
fix by the factory to the problem of frequent blown fuses.  This is the
reason it does not show on any of the wiring diagrams that I have seen.  the
bad news is that I have not been able to locate a replacement. You should
consider yourself lucky since some people have two of the similarly fried
pieces (lucky me).  Alternatives are,  replace with a fuse or straight wire
across.  The latter chances frying the (MUCH)more expensive fan motors.

If anyone has located suitable replacements, I would appreciate any
information on a source.

Phil Kadala
Wilmington, NC
2 - 79 B's