RE: 1968 MGB Roadster for sale

To: "'MGs'" <MGs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1968 MGB Roadster for sale
From: "Palmer, Lewis" <Lew@MPLS.UCI.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 09:58:40 -0500
I think, in this case, the owner meant "could easily be sold as if had 30=
,000 miles", not "for $30,000"

Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com

On Tue, 17 Oct 1995, Dick Burger wrote:

> The car has 130,000 miles and could easily be sold for 30,000. =20
=20
And then Kevin S. writes:

>Why not ask 30,000?  Unless you don't want it in the hands of the kind o=
f=20
>person to whom it could easily be sold for 30,000.

I'm going to hazard to guess that DB meant that it appears to the eye to =
be=20
a car with 30,000 miles on it, not a car worth buying at $30,000.  OTOH: =
if=20
you could forward the telephone number of the guy who would pay 30K for a=
n=20
MGB, I'll put mine up for sale!

Will "there are no pockets in shrouds" Zehring