Electric Fans

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electric Fans
From: pbailey@qnet.com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 13:29 PDT
One of my electric fans on my 79 B started squealing so I
mentioned it to my mechanic who told me that it was the
bearings and I would need a new one for 80 bucks or find a
used one.I figured I couldn't hurt it so I took it apart to find it doesn't
have
bearings just bushings and the noise was because a snap ring on the back of the
shaft near the armature had moved back allowing the armature to rub against the
brushes when the fan was on I put the ring back in its slot and that fixed it
at
0 bucks I don't know if this has been covered before but it is a simple fix at
no cost I hope it will help someone with the same problem...
Pat
79 "B"