Contributions

To: "'MG Group'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Contributions
From: "J. Michael Roach" <mroach@socketis.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 23:00:31 -0500
Here's a thought:

I was going to send in the $5, then I thought:  If he doesn't get a new
machine, I'm
out $5 and an MG list.  Then I though about the $50, and decided to send it in.
 Why?
Well, it's relatively simple:

Each and every question I put to this list saves me at least $20 of my time
trying to
figure something out or paying somebody else to figure it out for me (in which
case I save a HELL of a lot more than $20).  The way I look at it, $50 is a
steal.

This, not to mention the camaraderie we experience here (some of us feel like we
know each other), is unparalleled.  I remember once I put a post out for a
busted
pipe I couldn't find in the mags.  I could've looked around the junk yards for
it, but
Randy knew exactly what I wanted and shipped it to me.  No, not COD, just, "if
it's
what you need, send me a check; don't worry about sending it back if you don't
need it.  Wait 'til someone else needs it, then send it to them."

If that's not worth $50, nothing is.  I don't have any personal stock in the
list, per se,
but I'd hate to see it go, so I wanted to throw out a friendly encouraging note
those contemplating a contribution.

j. michael
75 Midget (the ugliest green you've ever seen)
90 Mitsubishi Galant GSX (if you've never driven one of these, you're missing
out)