Re: defending Miatas and keeping perspective

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: defending Miatas and keeping perspective
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 1995 03:30:16 -0600
And another.

mjb.
----

   Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 14:03:30 +0500
   From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)

Gary B. writes:

>Having never driven a Miata it's hard to comment  on it's performance and
>handling.  I would tend to believe that it handles better.  The question
>is however, Does it feel like it's handling better.  I was talking to a
>guy one day who used to own MGAs and Bs and now owns a Miata.  His
>comments were that it was much more refined and not as much fun.  He also
>commented that well he thought it had better perfomance, the B would be
>better to drive on windy curvy up and down roads.

[snip]

>However I still would think that the fun factor would favour the B, not
>to mention the cost factor.  (Although truth B told I probably could
>have bought a miata with all the money I put into my B.)  However on a
>long trip I just might favour the miata.

Gary:  I agree with you 100% on all accounts (spooky, huh?).  The miata does
lack some of the immediacy of experience (what ever that means) that the B
still has and in general just doesn't seem to have the spirit or personality
or charm that the B does.  I love them both, still and all.  The problem is
when others try to make you decide if you like apples more or less than oranges!

Will "mixed fruit" Zehring