RE: MGA WON'T START FOLLOW UP

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGA WON'T START FOLLOW UP
From: sperera@infohwy.com (Saman P Perera)
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 1995 17:49:01 -0500
>I don't drive my 60 MGA roadster very much ! If ever, once a month. So I
have a >problem where my car will not catch when cranking. I do have a
spark, so I think >that the fuel is not getting to the engine. I'd hate to
have to pay money if I >can test some other stuff my self.

>Any suggestions appreciated.

>Sam

Thanks for those people who responded. Unfortunately, my fuel pump merily
clicks along. So I checked the fuel pipe at the carburetor and it pumps fuel
fine (into the jar after I disconnected the pipe). Sprayed some starter fuel
stuff from HI-LO into the carburetors after taking the air filters off and
the engine starts fine for a few seconds. I'm not an expert in re-building
the carburetors. I already did that about 6 months ago. Opened to find the
float ok and the needle ok (gross jet or whatever), I think !!! OPened the
dash pot and looked at the internals. No idea what it does in there but
removed the piston and inserted it again. Seemed fine ! Well after all that
still does not catch.

Still hoping !

Thanks

Sam