RE: which oil to use?

To: "'MGs'" <MGs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: which oil to use?
From: "Palmer, Lewis" <Lew@MPLS.UCI.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 08:44:01 -0500
I have been using Castrol 20W50 for the 15 years I've owned the TD. The f=
irst time the engine came out of the car for rebuild, the machine shop lo=
oked at the cylinders and asked "Using 20W50 are you?" Amazed, I asked ho=
w he knew. He pointed to the cylinder walls and noted that there was no r=
idging at the top of the bore after about 100,000 miles.

I'm still using 20W50 in all of my 4 cylinder engines.

Regards,
Lew Palmer
lew.palmer@uci.com