Re: Net advice on car polish sought- Dri Wash 'N Guard - X-post

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Net advice on car polish sought- Dri Wash 'N Guard - X-post
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 24 Oct 1995 08:38:10 -0500
In <19951024010653751.AAA160@modem3.del-link.cpcnet.com>, Phil Bates wrote:
>I'm seeking wisdom on a car polish called Dri Wash 'N Guard.  A guy at my
>apartment complex is appearantly selling it, and his exterior detailing
>services.  He tried it on my car, and it looked great, but I had to think
>.... Is this guy a snake-oil salesman??  How long will the shine last, and is
>it any better (or worse) than the 4 step wash, paint clean, paint polish,
>wax process I have used before?  Is this stuff going to make my car look
>like sh*t in two months and require re-application?  The claim is that it is
>"Exclusive Formula PolyGuard-3."

It is almost impossible not to bump into someone selling this kind of
product.  It is certainly peddled ubiquitously on the Net.  However, I
wouldn't use it.  Dust and road dirt is little rocks.  If you don't
float this stuff off first with water, when you apply the cleaner you
will grind it into your finish.  Most of my cars are acrylic laquer,
which has a fairly deep shine that is easily damaged ("swirled") by
such abrasion.  As for saving the water for the arid countries of
the world, why, ah feel reeyul sorry for them, but down heah in
Tennessee we generally have rather more than we need.

        A. B. "It's not easy being green" Bonds