Re: What's In YOUR Toolbox?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What's In YOUR Toolbox?
From: SBERCOVICH@cbe.ab.ca
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 16:14:45 -0700 (MST)
Took kit as follows:
1 - 1/2" drive socket set (or _strong_ 3/8" drive) with sockets to 13/16"
1 - set 3/8 - 3/4 combination wrenches in u-shaped clamp kit
1 - multidriver screw driver (Unidrver)
1 - 2 1/2" - 3" pocket-type screwdriver
1pr slip-joint water pump pliers, 8" or 9"
1 - regular pliers, 6"
1 - 5" needle-nose plier
1 - 6" pistol-type hack saw
1 roll black electrician's tape
1 - point file
1 - 6" X 1" piece of fine (400 or 600) emery paper
1 - epoxy glue kit (handy for re-sealing blown float plugs)
Ass't male/female spade-type electrical terminals
Ass't male/female bullet-type electrical terminals
2' - #14 automotive electrical wire
1 - old, but cleaned and gapped spark plug
1 - fan/alternator/generator belt
1 - (or more) qts oil
1 - sm. oilcan w/ fluid for dash pots (to fit in toolbox)
2 - tire valve caps
1set small nutdrivers w/separate handle, in plastic container

Most of these items should be self-explanatory. If there's any doubt,
please email.

Just checked my carry kit and I think that's about it. That kit has seen
me through an Austin A55 Cambridge and three B-GTs. It has also done two
trips to Europe, when I picked up two Canadian-spec B-GTs, drove them
around Europe, then shipped them back here. Fantastic way to go, except
in '71 when I was trying to pass a Mercedes on an Autobahn in Bavaria:
from an initial speed of around 70 mph, we reached about 100 mph before
he would let me pass! (The Cdn-spec B didn't get there too quickly,
either.)
--
Shel Bercovich    '74 B-GT               "Come Ride   \/
sbercovich@cbe.ab.ca                      with Us     /\